7.31.2009

Gratitude Wrap



For my sister-in-law, Megan, I made this Gratitude Wrap. It holds notes, note pad, pen & stamps. The directions you can find at Soule Mama (look at the left column for the pdf). Not too tough, but the binding gets me every time as I'm not a patient sewer and will skip pinning if possible. I think this fabric is something special as it was my Grandmother's (or Great-Grandmother's) table cloth. I love the colors and decided to add the green binding to accentuate the green. Hopefully Megan loves it too!

Other things I'm sewing: Birthday Garland to re-use for birthdays and Birthday Crowns (both inspired by Soule Mama), but this post is what I'm using for the colors and accessories (http://juicy-bits.typepad.com/juicy_bits/2008/09/32-felt-birthday-crown-tutorial.html).

What are you crafting lately? Not crafting? I understand, in the summer, crafting sometimes sits as we play outside! BTW- my family has agreed to do a home-made Christmas this year so we are to draw names in the next week to start the process! I have some ideas for a few people, so we'll see who we draw. I also have been taking notes for the kids as I run across things. If you have ideas for kids, do share!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:18 PM

    Love it! I'm proud to see you sewing. I learned a neat way to put on bias tape a long time ago; I'll see if I can remember and try to explain it to you.

    I'm going to check out that website right now. I just finished making some Amy Butler purses; I'll send you some pics and some tote bags too.

    love ya!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for special fabric! I have had a trunk full of linens that were my grandmothers and I have had no ideas for them, Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty... great job sewing! Now with the kids back in school, I'm hoping to get some more sewing done around here too. Hey, do you mind if I put a link to your site on mine? I want to make a "local friends" secion.

    Hope you're great! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete