4.28.2009

speaking of toot & puddles


For those of you with no children... skip this post! Mamas & Dadas HHHEEEEEYYYYYLLLLPPP (as Griffin says)!

Any words of wisdom on toilet training? And I do mean toilet... we've went through 3 pair of pants already this morning (however we did wake @ 5:45). Puddles on the floor (which I have him clean up). I see Grace goes every 20 minutes, but when I say, "Let's sit on the potty." He replies, "I do not like to sit on the potty." Every time he wants to do something different I try to get him to sit on the potty before we "can" do whatever it be. However the last 3 minutes he has been putting stickers on his calendar every time he goes on the potty and has earned 4... now 5 stickers. I doubt this excitement will last all day. So tell me your tricks mamas of toilet-going children!

Second question... no poo on the potty yet. He seems to be unable or uncomfortable with it. I just ordered Every Poops, we'll see if this helps. I'm worried he's going to have a problem since he holds it. Any thoughts?

For those of you with no children... skip this post!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:05 AM

    Trish,

    I don't have any real good advice. My oldest decided on her own that it was time to be potty trained and never looked back.

    However, poo was a whole different story. She wanted nothing to do with it and cried every time we mentioned it. Just about 3 weeks ago she decided (with a little white lie from dad) that it was time to poo on the potty, she is almost 4.5 years old. I don't want to discourage you, but it was over a year between being potty trained and poo'ing on the potty. I have heard many people say that their kid also had a hard time with poo'ing on the potty, while others say their kids poo'd first.

    Just goes to show that every kid is different in this area too.

    I wish you the best of luck for whatever works out for little Griffin. Hopefully it will just click for him one day :-)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:06 AM

    Ok, my head is in the clouds today, not sure why I called you Trish instead of your real name, Tricia, please forgive me :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:11 PM

    Good luck :) Just kidding! Not that you probably want to hear this, but maybe he's not ready. Things I read said boys are hard to train and that if you push too hard it will take twice as long.

    It took us 7 months to get to the underwear stage. (October/November of last year so over 2.5 years old) And probably another couple months before he actually told us he had to go. The rest was just taking him at certain times and he would typically hold it until those times. I would say pick standard times a couple hours apart and he will eventually start going at those times.

    Poop is a whole other issue...work on one first the other will come in time.

    Hope to see you soon :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete