4.01.2010

summer visits

If feels like summer (77 degrees right now) in Minnesota and it's only April 1st. WCCO claims march had no snow this year and was the 5th highest average temp at 41 degrees. I guess it got all snowed out early this winter. Now we won't be hearing it was a long winter this year.
From Drop Box
With the warm temps the garden is prepped for the perennials to show their little green leaves (my favorite time), the peas and greens seeds are planted, the dwarf irises can bloom, the daffodils are showing promise of blooms this year, and the trees are starting to bud. The birds have been busy singing songs and building nests. I thing we should put some colored yarn out today so we can spot it in their nests! Both kids helped break down the old stems of the Joe Pie Weed and have been putting to use their gardening gloves digging in the garden and the pots with left over sand from the winter arrangements. Oh how we've missed the simple joys of outdoor play.
From Drop Box
Forgive me on my late post. I've taken on watching another little 18 month old and let's just say my leisure time isn't what it once was.

Enjoy the spring! We sure will!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment