2.14.2010

You and me babe

me & my love


From Drop Box
Bowling on our date weekend.  Last weekend my sis picked up the kids and brought them to Grandma & Papas.  They took really good care of them all weekend while Keir and I caught up on some "us" time & worked on projects.  Thanks you three!  How priceless to have a weekend just us two after 3 years of parenting.


This is as much as I cooked that weekend.



From Drop Box

Again, priceless to take a break from cooking and clean up.


What else did we do on our date nights?
First we went to Avatar 3D.  We were both awestruck.


We ventured out to the new restaurant, Number 4.  Check out the beautiful decor.  We left stuffed with all kids of goodness.  We started out with
Number 4 House Red, California: West- 4 stars (out of 5)  wow, who knew a blend would be so good?!
A blend of zinfandel, petite syrah, pinot noir, merlot and syrah. Blackberry and vanilla with a hint of cloves and bay leaf.



Scallops- I rate it 4 stars 
Tortilla crusted sautéed scallops with Cajun and sweet corn grits and a mole verde and jalapeno mango slaw



then


Lobster Bisque- oh, even more yum!  4 stars
A velvety creamy lobster bisque made from real Maine lobster and touch brandy and finished with lemon creme fraiche, collops of lobster claw meat and chives

with
Chilean Sea Bass- I give it a two stars, not the flavors I prefer
Pan seared Chilean sea bass with white cheddar grits, garlic sautéed spinach with a citrus pan sauce

and

Pork Lo-mein- three stars, good flavor, a little soupy
Crispy tempura battered pork loin atop a spicy sweet and sour lo-mien with roasted corn and julienne vegetables

for dessert
New York Cheesecake-  3 stars, not as creamy as I like my cheesecake
a rich cake with Raspberries and pomegranate sauce


Service was wonderful.  She even gave us a gift card to come back or to the other 3 sister restaurants in town.  THANKS!  We will be coming back for sure!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing date! That food sounds yummy, we'll have to check out that restaurant sometime too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE! I hope you were both throwing rocks at the lanes that night while everyone else was dead in the water. Consume any caucasians? That restaurant sounds acceptable. Where is it located? Miss you guys, say hi to the kids for me!

    -MC

    ReplyDelete