6.20.2008

A beautiful day of motherhood

I just realized, it's lunch time and we've had a perfect day thus far. We woke up at 8 and layed in bed for a bit babbling and talking... yes, I say layed in bed because Griffin kept on waking up every hour or two, so finally after 6-8 trips to his bedroom during the night I succumbed to bring him in our bed at 4:30 hoping for a couple more hours of uninterrupted sleep. So, waking up an hour to an hour and a half past the usual was a treat. We started the morning off in the usual way- changing diaper & clothes, getting Luci & Greta (which reminds me I didn't hear Greta begging me out of bed at 6:30 either) and feeding them, then having breakfast (no oatmeal on the floor or in hair!). Playing nicely while Mama made some Rice Crispy Treats until 10 upon which I decided we should head for a walk before the day reaches the high temp of 81 degrees. A perfect walk in which we saw a backhoe digging a house and a skiddy... a couple of Griffin's favorite things. We stopped to play in the park and he was ready to walk back home (Mama didn't have suggest it). So he walked almost the whole way home with me pushing the stroller and Luci and Greta by his side. When we arrived home we played in the backyard and enjoyed the umbrella shade and breeze. He played in his 2" of water in his pool, getting his shorts wet, so ran around in his muscle short onsie that reads "king of my castle" and hat with no shoes the rest of the time. Quite cute I must say. Lunch time came and we went inside (I had run inside to pop in a pizza w/ Cook Time on so it would shut off when time was up) and ate broccoli from the garden & pizza... no fuss. Ah, that's what motherhood should be about... no stress. I guess if I wasn't rushed here and there and didn't have to calm a crabby kid, I wouldn't appreciate the wonderful mornings like today.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:39 PM

    Oh Tricia enjoy those days all you can there will be many more wonderful days like today to come for you and your family! Savor them while you can knowing what a wonderful mother and wife you are to two soon to be three very special people in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day! I'm excited to experience those things myself. :)

    ReplyDelete